The Camden 4 project is a new way in which four parishes in the south of Camden are working together, playing to their individual strengths to raise the many millions of pounds to save the church buildings where so much beauty can be found, and from which so much good work flows. Experience the beauty of these churches for yourselves, and support our shared endeavour to work as one, for the good of the individual parishes.

For more information, please e-mail camden4project@gmail.com

St George the Martyr, Holborn

St George the Martyr was built initially as a chapel of ease between 1705 and 1706. It was enriched and strengthened by Nicholas Hawksmoor (1661-1736) in about 1718, and overhauled again by Samuel Sanders Teulon (1812-1873).

Sunday morning service takes place on Sundays at 10.30am. Weekday evening service takes place on Wednesdays at 6.30pm. Our Lead Pastor is Rev Jamie Haith.

www.sgtm.org

St George’s Gardens

 

St George’s Gardens were developed as the burial ground for two local churches – St George the Martyr and St George’s, Bloomsbury. The land was acquired in 1713 and it was one of the first burial ground to be built away from a church. It was opened as a public garden in 1884.

www.friendsofstgeorgesgardens.org.uk

Holy Cross, Cromer Street

Holy Cross was designed by Joseph Peacock (1821-1893) and completed in 1885.

Parish Mass takes place on Sundays at 11am. Weekday Masses take place on Wednesdays at 6pm and Fridays at 12.45pm. Our Parish Priest is Fr Christopher Cawrse.

www.holycrosscromerstreet.org

St Mary the Virgin, Eversholt Street

St Mary the Virgin was designed by father and son, William Inwood (c.1771-1843) and Henry William Inwood (1794-1843), and was built between 1824 and 1827. The chancel was designed much later in 1878 by Ewan Christian (1814-1895).

Parish Mass takes place on Sundays at 11am. Weekday Masses take place Tuesdays at 11am, Thursdays at 6pm, on Fridays at 1.05pm and on Saturdays at 10am. Our Parish Priest is Fr Paschal Worton SSC.

www.posp.co.uk/st-marys-church

St Mary Magdalene, Munster Square

St Mary Magdalene was designed by Richard Cromwell Carpenter (1812-1855) and completed in 1852.

Parish Mass takes place on Sundays at 11am. Holy Hour takes place on Thursdays at 1pm. Our Priest in Charge is Mthr Sally Jones.

www.stmarymagsnw1.co.uk

To find out more about our Jubilee Open Days and Map Guide

The work of Saint George the Martyr simply could not happen without the generous giving of our attendees and supporters.

Thank you to all of you who partner with us in this way; helping us to introduce Holborn & Central London to Jesus.

Donate Once

Partner with us & support the work of Saint George the Martyr.

CLICK HERE

GIVE REGULARLY

Partner with us & support the work of Saint George the Martyr.

CLICK HERE
As well as for Wednesday and Sunday services, our church building is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10am-2pm for people to come in and view the art gallery. All are welcome to enjoy the space, reflect, pray, and drink tea!

Queen Square, Holborn, London WC1N 3AH

Telephone: +44(0)20 7404 4407
Email: office@sgtm.org

©Saint George the Martyr | Crafted by Digital Church Toolkit

St George’s Holborn is a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 1134394).
The registered office is at 44 Queen Square, London WC1N 3AH.